The Village Hall was established as a registered charity on 16th October 1980, The object of the charity was stated as :-
"A village hall for the use of the inhabitants of the parish of Isle Abbotts in the County of Somerset without distinction of political, religous or their opinions including use for meetings, lectures and classes and for other forms of recreation and leisure-time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life for the said inhabitants".
To this end the Isle Abbotts Village Hall Management Committee (the trustees), arrange periodic social gatherings for those villagers wishing to attend. These are advertized on the village noticeboard, and the home page of the village website (click HOME above). The purpose of the events is two fold
- To provide an enjoyable social evening for all who attend to enjoy.
- To raise funds to cover the ongoing running costs and maintenance of the village hall.
2016 Village Hall Policies (PDF format)
- Health & Safety Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Children & Vulnerable Persons Policy
- Environmental Policy
The village hall is located in Chapel Road, Isle Abbotts, TA3 6RR and is available for hire by individual villagers , or groups. Enquiries should be addressed to the Village Hall Bookings Secretary Susan Vickery.email@example.com Telephone 01460 281222.
- Minutes of the meeting 17/08/2016 (PDF)
- Minutes of the meeting 16/11/2016 (PDF)
- Minutes of the meeting 08/02/2017 (PDF)
- Minutes of the meeting 17/05/2017 (PDF)
- Minutes of the meeting 16/08/2017 (PDF)
- Minutes of the meeting 17/11/2017 (PDF)
- Minutes of the meeting 07/02/2018 (PDF)
- Minutes of the meeting 16/05/2018 (PDF)
- Minutes of the meeting 22/08/2018 (PDF)
- Minutes of the meeting 15/05/2019 (PDF)